** Flash Videos freezing up **

Reaction score
Ok, so I was watching a Flash video with VLC Player and suddenly it froze, along with the entire Mac, and kept playing a stuttering sound, like a broken radio or something, kind of like clicking ( not from HD)

On 2 other occasions, I was watching Youtube videos and the same thing happened.

The entire computer became unresponsive and could not move the mouse cursor and had to manually shut down.

Mind you, this didn't all happen on the same day, but it's fairly recent ( about a month ago)

It's also unpredictable - I watch alot of videos, the same videos sometimes, and they don't freeze, it's rare, but I'm expecting more.

Then freezes out of nowhere.

I noticed that the latest VLC release is quite buggy, even when videos play I get the error dialog box frequently when earlier versions of VLC ran smoothly with no error boxes.

With VLC you have earlier versions with bugs, which are fixed in a newer version, then more problems come back in the latest version.

I run my disk permisisons weekly and keep my Mac well-run and organized.

Why would an app playing a Flash Movie and a streaming Flash movie from Youtube cause my computer to crash and become unresponsive.

Not sure what could be causing this ??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.