I'm having a major headache with office for mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have an old 1999 g4 ethernet and a 2006 intel iMac 1.83 with 150GB hard drive and upgraded 2GB RAM
I'm looking for work at the minute and have my CV drawn up on Mac word 04. The problem is, when I try to upload it, it's not recognized as a word document, so I can't send the thing. Some job sites let you cut and paste your CV, but others are adamant that it has to be uploaded, causing me huge frustration. Can anybody help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Can you send it as a PDF file? If so, then hit the print button and look for the PDF button at the bottom of the print dialog that pops up. Use that to create a PDF and then send that.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm looking for work at the minute and have my CV drawn up on Mac word 04. The problem is, when I try to upload it, it's not recognized as a word document, so I can't send the thing. Some job sites let you cut and paste your CV, but others are adamant that it has to be uploaded, causing me huge frustration. Can anybody help?

MS Word 2004 documents are compatible with the Windows Office version of Word which most businesses use. If you're doing everything correct on your end, it's the site that has the problem. About the only thing you can do then is borrow a PC that's running a recent version of MS Word, save your document there and then upload it. Definitely a pain but if you want the job.....:)

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
have you just forgot to put .doc at the end of the file?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook black, Intel C2D 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 320GB WD Scorpio HD
or you can save it as .rtf and upload it. It pays to check with the employment website what format of documents it accepts.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.