Airtunes

Reaction score
I had recently been investigating home audio distribution. At the moment I have two airport express base stations. I am able to send one stream to either or both of the stations but now different streams to each. Through my ipod touch with Signal, i am able to remotely control itunes.

With the new airport express's with the higher speed wireless n and gigabit ethernet, I was thinking that with a new version of itunes, they could quite easily create a reasonably cheap and simple home audio distribution. With the increased network speeds being included in new products, could it handle data for each station to play different music.

I think with the airport express and the ability to control from an ipod touch currently possible, why with only some software upgrades they couldn't create ths.

Does anyone else think that this would be a great idea, and have any idea if it would be possible.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.