Terminal Script...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4GHz 4GB, iPod Classic 120GB
I do not know many terminal commands but I am looking for an easy way to start my ventrilo server. right now I have to open terminal go to the ventrilo directory and drag the ventrilo_srv file onto the terminal window to start the server.

I want to know if there is a way to write up a script that will automatically do this for me and I just have to run the script to start the server, similar to windows batch command I guess I am looking for. thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
The only thing I have been able to find is by entering the command, highlighting it, then going to Services> Script Editor. I keep getting Syntax Errors though. You can give it a shot.

Reaction score
Possibly something like this:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
cd path-to-ventrilo.directory
command to start server &

Type this into a text editor and save it as plain text. Make it executible:
chmod +x filename
Now all you need to do is open Terminal and type ./filename and the server should start.

This is called a shell script. For more info on scripts try here: http://linuxcommand.org/
If what you want is something double-clickable, someone else who knows Apple scripting (not me) might can help?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.