Aperture is not deleting files off camera

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.66 Intel Core Duo 4GB RAM 320GB HD
I have been using Aperture, and every time I connect my CF card to the iMac, Aperture dutifully imports the images into Aperture. Then it asks if I would like to delete the originals, and eject the disk. I say 'yes' and then it asks me again. I say yes again, and then the CF is ejected, .... BUT, .... the files are not deleted. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

OP
tak2mark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aperture not deleting images off 'camera'

I'm not given the option to delete without ejecting.

Also, I set import options to "Do not import duplicates" and when I plug the CF reader again, Aperture will import the same images again making duplicates in the library.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
NOTE: Merged duplicate, cross-posted threads.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB memory, 160GB hard drive, Leopard, 20" Widescreen Samsung Display
Hey, you should not rely on this option for your CF cards. All the photography forums and books strongly recommend that you reformat your cards in camera, after you have downloaded the images into Aperture/Lightroom/iPhoto. This is to help prevent card and file corruption which is the last thing you need!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
I always let the camera do the deleting. I believe it does a better job.

OP
tak2mark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It shouldn't matter which method is preferable. If I'm given the option of deleting the originals, then it should delete the originals. Don't ya think? Also, if I say don't import duplicates, I should expect that it won't import duplicates.

-Mark

OP
tak2mark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Np

It shouldn't matter which method is preferable. If I'm given the option of deleting the originals, then it should delete the originals. Don't ya think? Also, if I say don't import duplicates, I should expect that it won't import duplicates.

-Mark

I un-installed, using Cleanapp then reinstalled. All seems well now.
-Mark

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.