Time Machine - No back up Volume to Select/Time capsule not visible in shared devices

Reaction score
Hi

I think this is likely to be a simple problem (or maybe a stupid one) but I can't resolve it and its doing my nut in! So I would be most grateful if anyone on here can point me in the right direction.

I have a Macbook, I got a time machine and also updated to Leopard at the same time.

The time capsule is running as a wireless network and connected tot eh internet via my router ok and everything shows up ok under the Airport Utility, the green light is on and no problems are reported etc.

When I click on the time machine it says "no back up has been selected" when I go to the Time Machine preferences the selection list is blank. Also under Finer the time capsule is not shown as shared device which I think it should be.

I have installed all the necessary updates from the apple site and I have reset the Capsule several times but I am unable to fix the problem!

Can anyone shed some light on this.

Many thanks

Dave

Reaction score
It's been awhile...

It seems that I am having this same exact problem. Did you ever find a solution?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
IMHO a better system is an external HDD backed up with a registered version of SuperDuper. Weekly backups keeps your entire system files on hand if the original HDD dies, and Firewire, and probably USB 2, drives are bootable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.