Older iPod Help

Reaction score
Alright, I have an older iPod, the kind with the 4 'buttons' under the screen. And I had synced my current iTunes collection on it awhile ago, and now I need to resync the whole collection, to transfer my whole collection to iTunes on my PC.

I plugged it in my MacBook, and was told to Format it. So I did, deleted my whole collection of music, but I dragged my whole collections Folder to iTunes and got it all back. But after I formatted, it told me to plug it in an AC adapter. All I have is the USB Sync cable, and a brick that plugs into the Wall with a USB port on it. When I plug it in there or on the MacBook, it shows the Apple Logo, then a picture of the plug that plugs in the bottom of the iPod with an Arrow.

What do I do..?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
When you plug it in, you should see a status bar that shows the updating progress, then you will see the charge symbol. If you are not seeing that, then the iPod is not updating.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.