Login Screen Not Showing, Mouse Fading and Loading Screen Appearing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
I started up my computer and everything was normal, it made the normal chime and the apple logo came up and it had that spinning fan thing under it, then when the blue screen came on the mouse appears, then it fades away and then the spinning fan shows up again, then the mouse comes back then fades away then the spinning fan showing its loading, the whole time the hard drive is making it usual noises that its read from it. It just repeats it over and over, I left it trying to start up for 8 hours last night and it was still doing it the next morning. Please help, I can't get into any of my files or anything because it doesn't even get to the login screen, ive been using it normally since i've had it and havn't installed anything or changed anything that would cause this!!

OP
halo200
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Disc Utility

Hi, I tried the Disc Utility one when I booted from my 10.4 disc and ran a repair on the HD it found a volume header error which it fixed but it still didn't fix the problem. So i'll try the fsck when I get home in about an hour. If it works I owe you one big time!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
Are you using 10.5 or 10.4? (you mentioned both) You need to match the install disk with the OS you're using. It may be why it found the volume header error.

OP
halo200
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Both

I was using 10.5 and was getting both errors with both discs, but I just did an archive and install and now i've got all of my stuff back and my macs running faster than ever. Musta needed the clean install. Thanks For All your Help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.