Tiger missing boot camp assistant?

Reaction score
I'm driving myself crazy, I can't find the boot camp assistant anywhere! I already had WinXP installed but had to make the partition bigger but ran into some problems, long story short I ended up reformating the entire drive and reinstalling Tiger from scratch.

Now, I'm looking at a fresh Tiger install (with system updates) but no boot camp assistant! I had it before so where is it now? I changed my system date to 2006 (before boot camp beta expired), not sure if that had anything to do with it.

help please!

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
afaik, tiger doesn't come with bootcamp. for a while it was available for free on apple.com. not sure if that's still the case.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Boot Camp is not part of the standard Tiger installation. You had downloaded Boot Camp when it was in beta, hence why it is no longer there after a fresh install.

Boot Camp is no longer available as a free download for Tiger users. You will have to upgrade to Leopard in order to get it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.