Urgent help needed! Cant mount HD on G4!! homework on there!:(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC G4 Digital Audio,466 MHz, 768 SDRAM
Ok, so my sister used my Mac while I was away and somehow totally crashed it, when I turned it on it would go the blue screen immediately before the log in screen and not any further. I started a thread and got a number of suggestions, however nothing worked.

I tried to repair using the OSX DVD but it would show my HD in the menue, I installed OSX 10.4 onto another HD, setting my original HD to slave, but it wont mount on the desktop, i URGANTLY need my homework off it for next week, its my final major project and i don’t have time to do it all again!! This is the difference between university and NO university so is VERY important!

Please help!! I will MUCH appreciate it!!

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
does it show up in disk utility? try that first.

you could also try something like disk warrior to see if you can recover anything off of it...

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC G4 Digital Audio,466 MHz, 768 SDRAM
thanks fo rthe reply, it shows up in disk utility and ive tryed clicking on first aid, it says nothing needs to be done tho. what do i need to do with disk utility or disk warrior?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
you need to run repair disk, if that's OK yu should be able to mount the disk just fine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
To repair the hard drive, boot from the install DVD by holding down 'C', go to Utilities and Disk Utility and run Repair Disk from there as you cannot repair a disk you are booted from.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.