trouble with ipod in car

Reaction score
I had a local car shop install something into my radio because I didn't have an auxiliary port. It comes from the back of the radio and plugs into the bottom of my ipod (classic 5th edition.)
Most of the songs sound alright but certain entire albums get a terrible fuzz on thicker parts of the songs. I've tried EQing on my radio and ipod but with such minimal options I either get the fuzz or the music sounds so muddy there is no point in listening to it. I'd say I experience the fuzz in about 10% of my collection, here is an example of a track that is really bad.

http://download.yousendit.com/373C55A0408E49FD

Is there anything I can do with my ipod or radio or perhaps the actual tracks in a program like cubase? I have listened to the tracks from my ipod with headphones and it sounds perfectly fine, I have also put the CDs in my radio and they sound perfectly fine. Help plz it is driving me mad.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I had a local car shop install something into my radio because I didn't have an auxiliary port. It comes from the back of the radio and plugs into the bottom of my ipod (classic 5th edition.)
Most of the songs sound alright but certain entire albums get a terrible fuzz on thicker parts of the songs. I've tried EQing on my radio and ipod but with such minimal options I either get the fuzz or the music sounds so muddy there is no point in listening to it. I'd say I experience the fuzz in about 10% of my collection, here is an example of a track that is really bad.

http://download.yousendit.com/373C55A0408E49FD

Is there anything I can do with my ipod or radio or perhaps the actual tracks in a program like cubase? I have listened to the tracks from my ipod with headphones and it sounds perfectly fine, I have also put the CDs in my radio and they sound perfectly fine. Help plz it is driving me mad.

Some of the iPod integration units have issues like this. You need to go back to the manufacturer (or the installer) and register a complaint.

I had a Soundgate AUX input adapter in my Honda Pilot (several years ago) that had a very similar problem. They had me change some wiring around, but I never was able to fix it. I ended up selling it to someone else who continued to pursue the problem with Soundgate for quite some time and eventually got it working.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.