I'm missing something here, ClearDock

D

Desolate One

Hey guys, just gotten inspired by the desktop customization thread and wanted to give it a shot. So I installed Application Enhancer and that went rather well, but when I attempt to install ClearDock, A. I don't have an Application Enhancers folder in the Library, and I can't create the folder there since Finder wont give me the option to do so. Anyone else experience this issue/challenge?

Thanks again.

OP
D

Desolate One

Okay, now I'm stuck again. I can't get my dock "clear". I've left "Colorize Dock Background" unchecked and increaced the opacity to 100% and 0% (Had to try both extremes ya know) for the background fill and border. Clicked apply yet nothing happens. Am I missing something else here?

Thanks again.

OP
C

CaptainMack

opacity should be at 0% for both, then click apply. that should do it.

OP
D

Desolate One

CaptainMack said:
opacity should be at 0% for both, then click apply. that should do it.

Did that as per the mini guide it came with (opacity to 0%), clicked apply, dock restarts but nothing has changed.

Whops, I restarted and got a message telling me that Panther disabled it and that I should re-enable it. Working great now! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
every time i restart my dock is a different color, with no chances of changing it.....only had it clear foor about 2 days, now its snow white (yesterday purple)
-chris

OP
D

Desolate One

coach_z said:
every time i restart my dock is a different color, with no chances of changing it.....only had it clear foor about 2 days, now its snow white (yesterday purple)
-chris

Are you using ClearDock? I recall someone mentioning he had his theme change automatically each day. Perhaps there's a setting that is currently enabled?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i should have been more clear, yea im using clear dock, i can not change the color at all

every time i restart the dock is a different color, i can find no preferences to change the color ever day

-chris

OP
D

Desolate One

Have you gone into System Prefs and set your dock settings in ClearDock?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
have you tried repairing permissions or zapping the pram? sounds like a possibility.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.