NEED HELP how to burn a DVD full of music using iTunes

Reaction score
Does anyone know who to fill a DVD with as much music as possible? I have tried using iTunes but only the songs show up on the final DVD. I lose all of the information for the band/album/song titles/etc. that were neatly displayed on iTunes. I think this may have something to do with playlists and/or folders.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
anappleadaykeep,

Welcome to the forum.

Highlight the songs you want to burn in a playlist (File, New Playlist), then under File, select "Burn Playlist to Disc" and have a disc in the burner. It will burn your disc. If you select more than the disc will hold, I think it will ask for a second disc and then you can quit if one disc is enough.

Only MP3s carry the titles, etc. When you burn to a disc, it becomes a CDA file, I think, then it loses all that info. If you want to burn MP3s only, you may have to use another burn program. And then you'd need a special MP3 player to play that disc.

Noel

OP
A
Reaction score
Noels,

Thank you so much for the reply. Sounds like you have some experience with this subject as what you said in the first paragraph has been true for me.

I have imported all of my CD's using MP3. I am not sure what CDA file is, please explain??

Another program? What do you suggest?

Thanks much,
An apple

Reaction score
In iTunes, go to preferences>advanced>burning and change the disc format to data CD or DVD. I would think that should keep all the info of the MP3. Or you could try the MP3 CD option too. I think that option is more if you have a cd player that's capable of playing mp3 cds.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
anappleadaykeep,

To explain CDA - I believe it's an industry standard for music to play in a standard player (car, home, etc). If you try to record an MP3 file or a WAV file onto a CD, it won't play in a standard player - it has to be translated to CDA to be able to play (unless the player is advertised to play MP3).

I have a program on my PC that does that - it's called "Easy CD-DA Extractor." I'm trying it out now on a 30 day trial, but it won't work on a Mac. I tried to find one that will, but haven't yet. Too much obfuscation on the web when you ask for a Mac program :)

AlyciaAnimation is pretty sharp on these things, so try what she suggested. In the meantime I'll see if I can find a Mac program.

Noel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
anappleadaykeep,

I found a Mac program that says it does it all, so passing it on to you for you to try. I'll try it out myself tonight after I get home from a doctor's vsist. But for now, gotta go... Noel

http://www.mireth.com/pub/mpme.html

OP
A
Reaction score
Noels,
Really appreciate it.
FYI, I am 10 days into the free Easy CD/DA trail myself. It advertised as being Mac friendly. But we ended up enemies.
I have tried what Alicia said also.
Let me know what you fine out.
Thanks alot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
anappleadaykeep,

I wasn't very impressed with Easy CD Extractor - it will only read a CD and extract to Wav or MP3. That's it! And it's a PC thing as far as I can tell...

I haven't tried "Music Man for OS X" yet, been too busy, but will maybe try it tonight. Have you tried it?

Noel

OP
A
Reaction score
Hey thanks again,

I believe that Music man software is the answer. I haven't done the free download trial yet but it appears to be what we need judging by it's description. I am also limited on time. I see we both have the same 2.2 Macbook, KEWL!!

BTW, I am using the Easy CD/DA on my PC only.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.