• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

thank you (memorial day)

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
wanted to say thanks to those who serve and have served.

even a pacifist like myself, appreciates the tough job you guys have especially in times like these.

Reaction score
Thanks - your comments are very much appreciated. I spent about half an hour on the phone with one of my buddies from Vietnam. He and I were together the entire year. War binds you together with a special bond that time does not break

OP
eric

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
my dad was in vietnam too (army - drove tanks and halftracks mainly). his friends he made there were his family. he would tell me stories, but as i grew older, i knew i could never quite understand exactly what that experience was, what it meant.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
thanks, and thank you to all my brother sailors, marines, airmen, soldiers, and coasties that are serving or have served.

ET1 (SW) Dylan Perez

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
Thank you, eric, for you comments. Military service was both a privilege and a chore, as your Dad and others on here know. And like PapaNoHair said, war binds you to people you serve with, and today is the day to remember them. Thanks to all others on here who have served as well.

And a special thanks to my Brother Art, who is 86 now, and who served in the USMC in WWII and has 3 Purple Hearts from his service. I love you, Art.

Noel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz, 4GB 1067 MHz running Snow Leopard
I just want to thank all of those who serve and have served for the freedom of all those who enjoy this great country. There isn't enough gratitude for the price you pay. I hope that each and every american finds it in their heart to take a moment and remember those who gave their lives at some point today, because each and every one of us is truly indebted to you all.

Thank you, our hearts are with you always..

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
A big thank you to all of those who have served or are serving!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
A big thanks to all those who serve and have served

I never meet my Irish Grandfather, he died in 1944 (Belgium) while serving in the British army

Reaction score
A big thank you to everyone serving. We wouldn't have what we do without you.

Sorry I can't pass this up:: "I myself dabbled in pacifism. Not in Nam, of course."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
The Military experience tends to leave it's mark on those who have served, both positive and negative. I've never been sorry that I did my time and I met some of my oldest friends while on active duty.

Thanks to all who have served.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Thank you to all who past or present are serving this country of ours!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.