Google Talk - pop out (does it work for Mac?)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Please can anyone advise if the Google Talk "pop out" feature works on a Mac and if so how does one make it work ?

There is another feature that works on Windows whereby new email arriving in the GMail inbox "floats up" as a bubble or box (notifying the arrival of new mail) and this is visible when one is using another application .. again, does this feature work on a Mac ?

Many thanks for your suggestions.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Solved part of it ..Gmail notifier

Please can anyone advise if the Google Talk "pop out" feature works on a Mac and if so how does one make it work ?

There is another feature that works on Windows whereby new email arriving in the GMail inbox "floats up" as a bubble or box (notifying the arrival of new mail) and this is visible when one is using another application .. again, does this feature work on a Mac ?

Many thanks for your suggestions.

I solved part of this: here is the link for the "Google Mail Notifier": http://toolbar.google.com/gmail-helper/notifier_mac.html

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook / Mac Mini
I'm not sure what you are referring to here, but if you mean the "badge" it works great.

I use Adium to connect to Google Talk.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
No, it's "pop out"

Many thanks for the response. However "badge" is not the issue. If you look at the top right hand corner of Google Talk there is an option to "pop out". If you click this box in Windows, Google Talk pops off the page and one can for instance then manage it as a smaller box somewhere else on the screen. My question remains "does this pop out option work with the Mac (so far not with my Mac ..) ?"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
It works just fine over here on both Safari 3.1 and Firefox 3 RC 2.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.