Keyboard Warped?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Buying One Soon...
I just installed 512MB of RAM in my 12" iBook and after I put the keyboard back on I've noticed that the right side of the keyboard sticks up higher than the left just a tad. Nothing to make a difference but enough to annoy me. Is this common? The keyboard seems alittle flimsy also.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
you probably didn't put the keyboard in completely (on the right side in particular)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
My keyboard also didn't resit properly when I lifted it up...

You have to make sure it's slid all the way down before locking in at the top.

I also think that the wire which connects the keyboard is part of the problem since it doesn't lie flat...

C

code777

I kinda notice the same deal on mine when they installed more RAM for me, it just looks like its not "seated" properly - I haven't adjusted it yet but I guess I will now.

C

colday

I had the same thing after install RAM, then when I tried to remove the keyboard it was stuck! Took some time to "convince" it to come out. :bandage:

When putting it back in, slide the bottom back and forth a bit and you should feel it seat, then lay it down flat. If the tabs don't lock without force, try it again. :mac:

C

code777

mine is flush (sort of) and back to normal. I was at the Apple Store last night (geez i think i hang out there!) and compared it to their display model - it looks the same minus the broken screen. The sales girl told me a guy pushed the top screen ALL THE WAY BACK and broke it. So now they are waiting for a new 12" display model to come in. They still don't have any 12" iBooks in stock yet. What is up!?!?!?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yay, I just installed my 512 megs of extra ram too! Woohoo! I feel like a power-ibook owner :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.