How to save more than one window in Safari

Reaction score
Hi. When I'm cruising the net in Safari I sometimes want to save more than one window. However, unlike in AOL, when I pick another website, the one saved previously at the bottom of my desktop goes away.

How can I maintain more than one window at one time?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
You mean have more than one window open? If you hit Cmd+n it'll open a new window. There's also an option in the Safari preferences to open links from other applications in a new window.

Have you tried tabbed browsing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
When I'm cruising the net in Safari I sometimes want to save more than one window. How can I maintain more than one window at one time?

You can use Tabs (Command-T) rather than New Window (Command-N), which will enable you to have several window-like displays open simultaneously. If you need a new window use Command-N. It shouldn't displace a window already open.

As for Saving, just use Save As (Command-S) and follow the prompts.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.