whats the best for battery life?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4, ipod nano, ipod video and a whole lotta love
i have a g4 ibook, and am new to it. How should i do power stuff. Should you keep it plugged in all the time? let it run out all the time. Right now I have it plugged in while I am using it, and when it is off I take it out. What is the best way to get maximum battery life?

C

CaptainMack

this has been descussed many times in these forums. some will say one way and others the oppossite. its basically personal prefference.

D

Dave_L

Here is Apple's suggestion
"For proper maintenance of a lithium-based battery, it’s important to keep the electrons in it moving occasionally. Apple does not recommend leaving your portable plugged in all the time. An ideal use would be a commuter who uses her iBook on the train, then plugs it in at the office to charge. This keeps the battery juices flowing. If on the other hand, you use a desktop computer at work, and save a notebook for infrequent travel, Apple recommends charging and discharging its battery at least once per month."

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.