Copy/Paste Simple Problem...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" 2.26GHz 250G HD 4G RAM-iBook G4 14" 1.42Ghz 1.5G RAM-iPod Nano 4G-iPod Classic 120G
Hello People and Robots

I use Word 2004 Mac Edition, and i have a very annoying problem which im sure some of you can help with...

When copying an image from the Internet, and then pasting into Word, it only pastes the image location (website etc)
I know that I can go to Paste Special and select Picture instead of Unformatted Text, but this is just long winded and annoying, unlike the simple copy/paste in PC versions of Word.

PLEASE help if you can, it would save me much time and frustration as Im trying to get this portfolio done in time for my hand in date lol!

Joe

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Is this on your iBook in your profile? What version of OSX just in case. I have Word 2004 installed on my G4 and will give it a try and see what I can come up with.

I know I can do it fine in Pages in the iWork Suite.

Let me know what you are running there for a Mac and OS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Alternatively have you tried dragging and dropping the image into word?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.