Anyone have a front USB port/card readers in their G4?

Reaction score
Hello!

So, one of the few drawbacks of these PowerMac G4s is the lack of front USB ports. SOme may argue no card readers either, but back then I don't think those memory cards were that popular if they even existed.
My dad bought an aftermarket card reader/usb/firewire deal and it went in place of the zip drive on my sisters Quicksilver. I don't remember the brand name of it. I'll dig the box out tomorrow. I remember that model having a downside. You have to run a cord from one usb/firewire port to a port built in to the PowerMac, if I remember correctly.

Long story short, anyone know of/have any of these?
I'll add it to my list of things to eventually upgrade on my PowerMac. ;D

Thanks everyone!
Tanner.

Reaction score
I have a quicksilver and I just bought a PCI USB card and dropped it in - gave me 5 more (one internal and four external). A snap to install.

Reaction score
That IS sweet looking!! Unfortunately my Quicksilver is configured different in the front.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Tanner think I would whack in a USB2 PCI card. Do not like the look of that sweet thing at all especially with only one USB port.

With USB2 cards it is normal to have four or fiv e external and one internal port.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.