What benefits/cons 'bout being connected??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.93GHz Quad-core Intel Xeon processor RuningSnoLeopard v 10.6.4 DDRe
You know, albeit my editing digital photos/graphics being the reason I put three
grand down ona G5, I was thinking: I have a pc for internet things, with these
scammer, virusues and adware getting in your system, and realizing it's gonna get a lot worse and more sophisticated, maybe I should set aside the MAC for artwork? Whatcha think? :mad:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
ajresovsky said:
You know, albeit my editing digital photos/graphics being the reason I put three
grand down ona G5, I was thinking: I have a pc for internet things, with these
scammer, virusues and adware getting in your system, and realizing it's gonna get a lot worse and more sophisticated, maybe I should set aside the MAC for artwork? Whatcha think? :mad:

If you are asking what I think you are asking....then yeah, you would be better off just using your Mac for your photo work and your everyday internet use. I agree that it is just too much work to keep a Windows PC secure enough for internet use. That is why none of the Windows boxes I have are equipped with modems or NICs. Windows is good for some things, just not the internet.

OP
ajresovsky
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.93GHz Quad-core Intel Xeon processor RuningSnoLeopard v 10.6.4 DDRe
Are macs immube to internet 'blues'?

D3v1L80Y said:
If you are asking what I think you are asking....then yeah, you would be better off just using your Mac for your photo work and your everyday internet use. I agree that it is just too much work to keep a Windows PC secure enough for internet use. That is why none of the Windows boxes I have are equipped with modems or NICs. Windows is good for some things, just not the internet.

However, is that a indictment of Wintel and a Mac will not suffer the same?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
ajresovsky said:
However, is that a indictment of Wintel and a Mac will not suffer the same?

There are No real viruses for Mac, No ad-ware or spyware either which is why I use my Mac for the Internet & Work and the XP is only connected to upload & download Work Units for Folding@Home.

If you use M$ Office or VPC on your Mac then those M$ programs can be affected by Word Macros / Viruses etc but the Mac itself isn't.
I use NeoOfficeJ (FreeWare) instead of M$ Office, so there's No M$ software on my Mac, Sorry, maybe IE is still around somewhere :miner: Never use it.
http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.