Mighty Mouse (or is it)

Reaction score
Hi to all MM users

I am having problems with erratic cursor movements on my 6 month old 20" IMac running Leopard.

It becomes apparent after several hours of operation. I have tried all the advised fixes given from this forum including using other brands, without success.

Could it be related to the new "Leopard" OS ?. So my question is, has anybody had this happen to them using an earlier OS say "Tiger" for instance?

Reaction score
I apologize as I'm a new Mac user. I also have the 20" Intel version, but I have no clue what my operating system is. It says Mac OS X v10.5.2. Anywho, I have had the same problem and it is extremely irritating! lol.

I have read on other forums that this seems to be quite a problem. I know PC's have a prank hack that makes their mice do this, but haven't found such a thing in Macs.

Sorry for the no help Dasha, but maybe others will have had the same problem and give us a hand! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Go into System Preferences>Keyboard and Mouse>Mouse and slow down the scrolling and tracking speed and see if that makes it a little easier to control?

Yes OS X.5.2 is the current version of Leopard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.