Running aps with MBP on HDTV

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this has been covered before. I couldn't find the answer on search.

I want to play Guitar Hero 3 on my Sony 1080p HDTV. I connect a DVI to HDMI cable with no issues. When I go to control my MBP on the TV, I have to drag my cursor off the MBP onto the TV. I can't run GH3 on the TV. Even if I drag the application over, it still will only run on the MBP. Can someone help me with the display settings? It's probably pretty easy, but I even searched Apple support without luck. Thanks.

Haywood

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm sorry if this has been covered before. I couldn't find the answer on search.

I want to play Guitar Hero 3 on my Sony 1080p HDTV. I connect a DVI to HDMI cable with no issues. When I go to control my MBP on the TV, I have to drag my cursor off the MBP onto the TV. I can't run GH3 on the TV. Even if I drag the application over, it still will only run on the MBP. Can someone help me with the display settings? It's probably pretty easy, but I even searched Apple support without luck. Thanks.

Haywood

System Preferences, Display. Set the Sony to "mirror" the MBP display. You've probably got the Sony set to "extend" instead. You get the "mirror" by dragging the display on top of the Sony.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.