UK student looking to buy in USA - advice please

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a UK student doing a year abroad for the 2008/2009 academic year. I am intending to buy a macbook pro from the US.

My questions are as follows,

How long does it take for one to be delivered? I will be arriving in the US and will need it within a week.

should I wait until I get into the US or should I look at contacting apple in the US and ordering before I go?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You will have to be in the US to buy an Apple from the US

If you are a student, take a look at the mac refurbs at the Apple store nearest you. You can save a lot of money, a Girl I worked with saved £500 on a MBP, and the mac is as good as new

It should take less than a week, you may be able to pick it up at an Apple store, you may need a US bank account and delivery address

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4
Order it from the online Apple Higher Education store. You'll probably get a free printer (if ordered online) + iPod (back-to-school promotion). Price after discount is roughly the same as US Price. I got my MBP for about £1,100. Normal price is £1300. You also get HUGE discount on Apple Care 2yr warranty extension + Tech Support from £279 to £58.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.2 ghz , ipod classic 80 gig and ipod nano 4 gig
i agree with the above.
i was going to buy a US mac but went refurb
i recommend completely , there were no scratches or anything...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.