How to burn music onto a DVD

Reaction score
Does anyone know who to fill a DVD with as much music as possible? I have tried using iTunes but only the songs show up on the final DVD. I lose all of the information for the band/album/song titles/etc. that were neatly displayed on iTunes. I think this may have something to do with playlists and/or folders.

Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Does anyone know who to fill a DVD with as much music as possible?

Burn it to dvd with Toast or similar. But ...
1. the burn process using the Audio tab will convert your .mp3 files to .aiff audio files for playing on a regular CD player.
2. If you want to copy just .mp3 files from iTunes to dvd, and then use the disk on your computer only, then you need to use Data tab as your method of burning the music files to the dvd.

You can burn a lot more .mp3 files to dvd than .aiff files, but .aiff has better quality audio reproduction.

I have tried using iTunes but only the songs show up on the final DVD. I lose all of the information for the band/album/song titles/etc. that were neatly displayed on iTunes.

All that information is stored in the iTunes Library and the iTunes Music Library.xml (Finder -> Go -> Home -> Music -> iTunes). If you transfer those two files to the dvd as well as the .mp3 music files, I'm not certain that it will show up in iTunes when you play the dvd. Only way to test it is to give it a go I suppose :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.