• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Camcorder Choice

Reaction score
Sanyo Xacti HD1000 1080i Camcorder
or
Sony HDR-TG1 1080i Camcorder

Q. Which one is going to work best with a MacBook Pro 2.6Ghz, 4Gb Mem.

I have Quicktime Pro and the full CS3 suite.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I just bought the Sanyo Xacti HD1000 1080i Camcorder... the thing is amazing!!!!!! I have zero complaints whatsoever! I have been using it with my MacBook 2.0ghz C2D with 2gb or RAM...so.... your MBP will only be better! :D

OP
S
Reaction score
Sanyo HD1000

How are you finding the anti-shake. I've read on some of the reviews that its not up to much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
When zoomed in on something... there is still some shake going on.. but this is totally hand-held. Nothing that would keep me from recommending this camera though. The video is amazing... and with it being so small, I find myself taking much more footage.

There IS an issue with Quicktime being able to play 1080i videos though... I am currently only able to play 1080i vids within iMovie '08 or directly on the television via the Camcorder itself... They look absolutely amazing.... as if I'm watching Discover HD.... (though not the same locations :D:D)

OP
S
Reaction score
:D Thanks for all that, I've just ordered one from Amazon, all I need now is some subject matter. Holiday in 42 days so I'm sure I'll find something. Watch out YouTube I'm getting a camcorder for the first time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.