Rating out of 5: 3.5/5

Pros:
- Comfortable
- Easily removable adhesive, easy to reapply/remove
- Color matches well

Cons:
- Cuts could be more precise
- Clear Trackpad Cover hampers input

Recently I have been searching for the Marware Protection Pack for my 15" MacBook Pro, for the last 4 months, the Apple Stores in my area have been out of stock of them. Finally I found one at the Apple Store in the Toronto Eaton Center. I really wanted it so that it would protect the palm-rest area of my MacBook Pro from my watch.

So after opening the packaging and cleaning the area on which I was going to apply this to, it took several attempts to get it on perfectly (I'm a little bit of a perfectionist when it comes to stuff like this). After getting it on right, I examined my work. The quality of the material is good, however, I feel that they could have cut the material more precise. The cut out for the trackpad is slightly larger than I would like it to be and the cut out for the lid clasps is larger too.

The material they use is very nice to the touch. It's a PVC Leather-like feel. The colour matches the aluminum of the MacBook Pro very well.

I was rather dissappointed with the clear touchpad protector included with the package. After applying it, the touchpad became jittery at times and the mouse lost it's precision.

The cleaning cloth that is included is very good for cleaning the screen, however, I would not recommend that it be used as recommended to protect the keyboard while the lid is closed. It seems to be just a little too thick and I'm worried it might leave indents in the LCD over time. I do carry it with me as a cleaning cloth.

Overall, I'm satisfied with my purchase. It didn't "wow" me, but it does exactly what it advertises to do. It is a little expensive at $30, but I figure it's better to spend that money now, than have to look at a scratched palmrest a year from now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4
Have you considered Moshi PalmGuard? It's a very well-made product that blends in with the MacBook very smoothly. I've got one and I can hardly notice it is there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.