Moving music library to another Hard Drive

Reaction score
I have a Mac Pro with 2 drives - a 250 GB (the primary) and a 750 GB (the secondary).

I moved my music library - all 47 GB of it - to the 750 GB drive. I went into iTunes preferences and changed the file location. And I checked the locatrion on teh drive and all the music is there.
Now when I go into itunes to play a CD I have to manually locate each song in order to play them.

Is there a batch processing command I can do that would locate all of the songs?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 Ghz - 4Gig Ram - iPod 60gig Black - iPhone 3GS Black 32gig
I'm planning on doing the same thing, moving from my external to my internal drive - nearly 80g.

I noticed that the suggested article says to get itunes to do it by using 'consolidate library' - however it also says you need to have the 'Keep iTunes Library Organised' ticked which I don't want (it messes up mutli artist compilations).

Does anyone know if it will work if I don't check this?

Edit: Just did it last night - yes it works, however it 'organises; the folder by artist/album anyway even if you un-check it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.