Media Center equivalent for Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" (Mid 2010), iPhone 3GS
So this week, after getting fed up with my Windows machine for the last time, I finally sold it off, and I'm putting the money towards a new 24" iMac, or I might save up and purchase a Mac Pro. (I'm now Windows Free! Yay! *does happy dance*)

I had that Windows machine for one reason only: Windows Media Center. That was the one application that I enjoyed from Microsoft. So now all I have is my MacBook Pro and an iMac (or Mac Pro) coming in the future, I'm looking for a Mac equivalent application/hardware to replace my Windows Media Center PC.

So My Questions to this forum are:

1) Can you please recommend a quality TV tuner that does Analog and Digital NTSC? It need not be high definition. Either USB/Firewire would be prefered, but I am open to internal TV tuners in case I buy a Mac Pro.

2) What is a good application that would be similar to Windows Media Center? In other words, I would like an application that can accept input from a TV tuner and record the video to my hard drive. I would prefer something that is full screen, and is capable with either the Apple Remote, or it's own third-party remote. Again, those features would be nice to have, but not a necessity.

Thank you all for your input in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
OP
iLaw
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" (Mid 2010), iPhone 3GS
Awesome. Thanks, I'll look into it. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.