ettercap

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20", 2.4ghz iMac/4 gigs of ram + a 2.1ghz MacBook/160gb 7200 rpm Seagate HD/1 gig of ram
Alright, well I've been trying to install ettercap (precisely 0.7.3) and haven't had much luck (I have yet to find a simple guide to installation). I've installed MacPorts (which I believe is all I need) but when I enter

sudo port -d update

I end up with this after much text in terminal.

while executing
"macports::selfupdate [array get global_options]"
Error: /opt/local/bin/port: selfupdate failed: Error installing new MacPorts base: shell command "cd /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/base && ./configure --prefix=/opt/local --with-install-user=root --with-install-group=admin --with-tclpackage=/Library/Tcl && make && make install" returned error 1
Command output: checking build system type... i686-apple-darwin9.2.2
checking host system type... i686-apple-darwin9.2.2
checking target system type... i686-apple-darwin9.2.2
checking for sw_vers... sw_vers
checking Mac OS X version... 10.5.2
checking MacPorts version... 1.6.0
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cl.exe... no
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
See `config.log' for more details.

Any help here. I'd like to get ettercap up in running, because KisMac is a failure if you lack the proper hardware, and ettercap is the only other program I know that is useful for sniffing etc. I'd rather not use Cain and Able.

Thank you for you time.
Cpt. Morgan

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.