Simcity 4 Deluxe - Graphics

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 1GB RAM 2.4 Ghz Intel iMac
I recently switched to Mac after years of using PCs and of course I'm wondering now what I was doing all that time... I picked up the iMac 20'' with 1GB memory and the ATI Raedon HD2600 Pro 256MB video adapter.

At any rate, I bought Simcity 4 Deluxe with the Rush Hour package and hopefully installed it correctly. I downloaded and ran the patch from the Apple web site as well. My question is that the graphics seem grainy and substandard from what I remember on my PC. (I've played this game for hundreds of hours) It's not choppy or slow etc. but the quality just doesn't look as crisp. I've played around with the game settings a little and there doesn't seem to be any difference. Has anyone else experienced this and/or does anyone have any tips? Thanks in advance for your help!!

Losh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
What resolution are you running it at? And did you get the Intel patch for it?

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
re

I'm currently running it at 1024x768 with hardware rendering. I've tried the other settings and haven't seen any difference. I downloaded the Rush Hour patch that's on the Apple site but I'm not sure if that's what you're referring to by the Intel patch. Let me know...

Appreciate the help!

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
re:

Yes, I downloaded that and ran the .dmg file so I assume it worked. I'm wondering if I installed the game incorrectly. I double clicked the dvd image on the desktop and then dragged the folder onto the hard drive. It's odd because the only .app file in the directory that was copied onto the hard drive is Simcity 4 Rush Hour.app. I would have thought it would have been named something else other than specifically "rush hour".

I'm still going through the adjustment of getting used to how files are managed with the Mac OS so that's only compounding my issues!

Losh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
That doesn't sound right. I have Sim City 4/Rush Hour, I'll check when I get back to my iMac. I'm pretty sure there was an installer for it, you should have more than just Rush Hour.app in the folder.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok... I'm going to try to uninstall it and then reinstall it which I think I can accomplish by dragging the folder off my hard drive to the trash. (fingers crossed)

We'll see what happens...

Again, your help is greatly appreciated!

Losh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
I can't remember how i installed it but my sc4 is in a folder name "simcity 4 deluxe" (within applications)

Picture 1.jpg

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
re:

Appreciate the image.... that's exactly what my folder looks like.

I might just be overly picky about the resolution although I do notice some "pixelating" as I scroll etc. I'm wondering if I installed the patch correctly. I downloaded it to my documents folder, double clicked it and launched the app. Being new to Mac, I'm wondering if there's anything else I should have done.

Thanks for all the help!

Losh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac (2.66 GHz Intel)
At least you can run the game... Mine crashes during the first tutorial, even with the settings dialed down :(

Reaction score
Hi, I've just installed Sim City 4 Deluxe Edition to my Apple iMac running on Leopard. I'm having these same "pixelating" issues. It also seems to be slow aswell. Are there updates or patches I need to download and install. Where are these?

Your help is most appreciated.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.