Not recognizing any ram in lower slot

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.25 mirror front
I was having some Pram issues last week and got a new Pram battery installed and its working fine, but when I did a system check I was supprised to see I only had 512 ram, I had ordered it with a gig and dont remember if I ever checked it before, anyway I switched the ram around and found both chips seemed to be working, but they were from 2 different makes, I tried 2 1 gigs from a friends computer but always says the bottom slot is empty. the computer seems to run fine & I could opt to buy a 1 gig stick & put in the top but would rather have 2 gigs if possable Any Ideas, I dont think the Pram had anything to do with the problem it seems like I found it by accident

thanks hope everyone has a Safe weekend

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
you have the common bad lower ram slot issue.... just install a 1GIG module you should be fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.