• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Mac-Forums' Bar & Grill II

Reaction score
Ugh. I was eating popcorn, and I had just finished, and the grease from the popcorn made the bowl sip. I tried to catch it, but just ended up flinging it farther.

Now there's popcorn kernels everywhere....in the midst of all my homework and my huge french project.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
sega's where its at!

Reaction score
My sister still has a sega genesis.

Um, maybe I should get some sleep soon, but i'm doing a french project. Haven't even started my other homework yet. UGH.
This french project is so tedious I keep taking breaks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Life is pain.

You know he's an excellent mod when he is transparent like that. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
well that is no good i always liked what MO would add

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
yeah... me too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Did he say why?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i just asked if he jumped ship with MHC or if it was personal stuff, and he said both.

went a little into the personal stuff which i won't repeat, he didn't say much about the other.

Reaction score
That really is too bad.
I don't even know what to say.

I did NOT have a good day, getting no sleep and all. I managed to get 25% on a math quiz, and I so out of it...still am.

Should I take a nap for an hour or two now, or should I just try to go to bed early tonight?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
i just asked if he jumped ship with MHC or if it was personal stuff, and he said both.

went a little into the personal stuff which i won't repeat, he didn't say much about the other.

Thats too bad. I'll miss seeing him around here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Boy, I go away for a long weekend and look what happens - The Bar and Grille gets mothballed and replaced! :D

Hi all, I am back. I had a great loooonngggg Memorial Day weekend and am now back in the saddle.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Let's put it this way, I was typing on boards like this connected via a 2400 baud modem (that's 2400 bits per second - compare it to 56K, which is 56,000 bits per second) back when it was state of the art.

Uh oh, are we about to start an "old fart" war? :D

Listen here yung fella... I was programming in FORTRAN on punch cards before keyboards were even in common use!

Much as I hate to admit it, this is a true story.

Even worse, I have also booted Data General computers by toggling in a boot loader on front panel switches. Said boot loader, once running, would then read in a paper tape second stage loader. THEN you could boot the hard disk, which was physically enormous, but only about 500 KB.

OK, let the parade of computing senior citizens begin - who can "beat" those two stories? :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I fold.

286 was as I old as I went
To celebrate you deserve a beer

fortran.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Uh oh, are we about to start an "old fart" war? :D

Listen here yung fella... I was programming in FORTRAN on punch cards before keyboards were even in common use!

Much as I hate to admit it, this is a true story.

Even worse, I have also booted Data General computers by toggling in a boot loader on front panel switches. Said boot loader, once running, would then read in a paper tape second stage loader. THEN you could boot the hard disk, which was physically enormous, but only about 500 KB.

OK, let the parade of computing senior citizens begin - who can "beat" those two stories? :D

Um, I once had a computer that had a floppy drive! :p ;D :Blushing:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
5 1/4" ??? (the last true floppy)

Reaction score
I'm wondering what I will make of my life.
My gut pulls me down one path, my head goes another, but logic goes the opposite direction...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.