• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Mac-Forums' Bar & Grill II

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
Money's good, only the people without it complain.

Hence my complaints. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
no, money is why we are paying $4+ a gallon, why CEOs of oil companies are pocketing billions.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I am paying $4.29 regular and $4.49 premium for both cars. Ouch does not seem a strong enough word for the pain at the pump.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
i am right there with you rman on the pain at the pump

not all people work for money, some work because they enjoy what they do they are just lucky enough to get paid to do it. as the saying goes, "the number one killer of retires is lack of work."

Reaction score
not all people work for money, some work because they enjoy what they do they are just lucky enough to get paid to do it. as the saying goes, "the number one killer of retires is lack of work."

I like that.

I'm still searching for that one thing that will make me lucky to get paid to do.

Reaction score
Nightie night my lovelies, wish me luck on 1st and 5th hour finals tomorrow!
Don't ask me why they decided to do 1st and 5th.........it's so weird.
But it should be good. I have math first hour, I know most of it except long division of binomials and trinomials. And I don't know ALL the equations, but they made the calculator covers separate for a reason!

And 5th hour I have health, and the teacher is like a baseball coach first and a teacher second. It irritates me, but he doesn't give us an exam, just an open book/note test.

But seriously the health teacher bugs me.
He'll stop MID SENTENCE and run out of the room when he sees one of his favorite suckups/baseball players.....
He only knows the BASEBALL PLAYERS names.
He doesn't know my name. He enunciated it wrong when he read the attendance, he said tan-NER!
It was stupid.
He doesn't know anyones names except the baseball players, and so he's just like "hey, you!"

I've had him for months.
I need to know his name.
He can know mine.
He can learn it and like it. I mean come on.
He talks on his cell phone, and sometimes he just randomly leaves and never comes back, he has his coat in hand and everything....ANNOYING.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
I have a 12 hour day of work tomorrow, yet I'm not sleeping.

I don't feel bad about it either.

Oh boy, I'm going to be feeling this tomorrow.

ALSO!

I agree, money is proving to be the root of all evil, especially considering how hard I work, and how fast that paycheck disappears.

I will have enough money this pay cycle to buy a MacBook sleeve (thanks Techhound1!), and maybe go to the movies with the Mrs.

Then I need to get AppleCare and pay off my bills between the next two checks.

So lucky I don't have rent to deal with.

Reaction score
SLEEP DEREK.
I COMMAND YOU TO, NOW!

Tomorrow if i remember i'll tell the people of the B&G my story about the hallway.
It's so weird. Well of course it is, I'M IN IT! :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
I have a 12 hour day of work tomorrow, yet I'm not sleeping.

I don't feel bad about it either.

Oh boy, I'm going to be feeling this tomorrow.

ALSO!

I agree, money is proving to be the root of all evil, especially considering how hard I work, and how fast that paycheck disappears.

I will have enough money this pay cycle to buy a MacBook sleeve (thanks Techhound1!), and maybe go to the movies with the Mrs.

Then I need to get AppleCare and pay off my bills between the next two checks.

So lucky I don't have rent to deal with.

i just wrapped up two 12 hour days in a row and tomorrow night i have off...well sorta have it off rather than working a 9-9 i get to go look at flower arrangements for my wedding tomorrow evening. cant say i am too excited about that

T

todd51

I have a pretty busy day tomorrow as well. I have to get up extra early to be at work since I have to fly to Chicago in the afternoon. Right now I'm burning a CD for in my car and then I'm going to update my iPod for my flight tomorrow. Disturbed's new album came out today so I must have it!

Well I just finished setting up a MySQL database on my hosting site. Gonna make a wordpress blog and everything. I'm going to possibly set up one for my family since we never know what's going on in each others' lives.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Tanner, I love you. ;)

You've brought a lot to the MF Bar and Grill.

Reaction score
Good morning everybody! I'm up fairly early, considering I usually wake up at about 1 PM! :p Gotta do some work in my room today, moving things, cleaning, etc. Yay? Maybe? Right, well anyway, I hope everyone has a great morning to prelude a great day! :)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Last chance to vote for MOTM, folks... it's a close one too, so be sure to get your vote in before it closes later today (link in my signature).

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
This past weekend we had our almost 33 month old daughter ride a horse

i think when they're almost 3 years old you can drop the "months" thing ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 MacBook Air, 2.13GHZ, 4GB RAM, 256GB Flash Memory, SuperDrive, 32GB iPhone 4
Tonight the wife and I are staying at the Drake Hotel in Chicago.

I know this message backtracks a lot, but is this not the hotel from Home Alone 2?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!
:D

Aww:Blushing:

Couldn't resist :p

I had a lot of teachers like yours tanner. The ones who would help the football players while ignoring you. Or run out when something sports related happened.They would never do the homework because they were "at a game" and yet always pulled A's. Maybe this is why I hate sports? Either way it's annoying as heck and I'd be peeved too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook mid level 2.2ghz 2gb ram, 120gb HD
Tonight the wife and I are staying at the Drake Hotel in Chicago.

I know this message backtracks a lot, but is this not the hotel from Home Alone 2?

I think, its the Plaza Hotel in New York.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.