• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Mac-Forums' Bar & Grill II

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
Thanks you guys! This may be the coolest job to date for me. The last one was a nightmare. 110 degree weather and getting yelled at for getting a drink of water. Pass :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Anyone have a REALLY GOOD method for cleaning the lenses on glasses?

Windex and a soft rag.. Or You can go to a local optometrist and they usually have lense solution/rags that you can use that are designed for glasses..

I hate glasses too.. Mine got scratched to shreds from this crappy ska show I went to a week ago.. Some stupid kid thought it was a good idea to knock them off my face.. So I knocked his... Face of course. :)

Reaction score
Windex and a soft rag.. Or You can go to a local optometrist and they usually have lense solution/rags that you can use that are designed for glasses..

I hate glasses too.. Mine got scratched to shreds from this crappy ska show I went to a week ago.. Some stupid kid thought it was a good idea to knock them off my face.. So I knocked his... Face of course. :)

Yeah, I have the lens cleaning kit from wal-mart (which is where i go lol), and after I clean it I look at the lenses....and they were still smudged. I put them on and I can't see them, but they're there.

Everytime I go to wal-mart I ask them to clean them for me and she does, and they're SPOTLESS!
I always considered that so odd because the huge cloth (looks like a fancy washcloth), is SO DIRTY that it's like a completely different color, yet it works great.

I have contacts too, but for some reason I can't see as well in them. I have trouble seeing, even with my glasses. I can't focus on anything. I think I might have an astigmatism, but I would think the glasses would correct them. I don't know.

Do you have transition lenses? I'd like some, but they're $75 extra.

Reaction score
AH!
My parents are home.
Which means i'll be leaving for this open house soon.
(Hyperventilates)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I don't have transitions. I personally hate them. I love my contact lenses though. I just buy cheap-ish sunglasses so I have no need for transitions.

I'd ask the people at WalMart what they use to clean them when you ask them to, then ask how much it is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I use water and really soft cotton gauze to clean my glasses.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Happy Saturday everyone!!

The weather is pretty good today. Not too cold or too hot. I just got back from Nick's (my b.f) hockey game. They lost..haha :D But its ok, it was their first game.

Anyone have exciting plans for today?? :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver
On to day two with almost no sleep.
Thursday night: Stayed up till 2am, fell asleep while doing 5 page reasearch project. Woke up at 4am and realized I hadn't finished and finshed it.

Friday night: Relay for Life from 6pm to 5am, 1 hour of sleep from 6 - 7. Had to work a city festival called Slice of Summer that our DECA program planned and put together for the city at 7 am. Just got back at 2. Going to grad party at 4, then going back to slice of summer at 6 to watch a neighbor's band perform.

Friend came over, now I can't really nap. We will stay up all night. I have to play saxophone in church tomorrow for our senior graduation service. Great fun. Then my grad party is after that. Wohoo. Great weekend. Finals monday tuesday, wednesday is graduation/all night senior party. Thursday is pack day to get out of my room, and friday is the day I leave for a year basically. Working at camp all summer. the day after I come back I move into college. Woot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
Finally page 8 and I get to post, after reading them all. Lots of good stuff on here and a few not so good things that I hope are over.

For all of you going to school and suffering papers and tests, hang in there. A good education, tough as it may be, is worth its weight in gold (or gas)...

Anyhow, as for cleaning glasses, I run mine under the sink water spout and use my bath towel to clean them off. Does a pretty decent job!

BTW, do I qualify for the old farts clubs you guys are talking about? I started with an Atari 400 myself in '82 then quickly moved up to an 800 with first 16, then 32KB memory :) I used that machine to do my income tax using a program called Tax Advantage or something like that. I also took it to the office (our bosses weren't authorizing PCs in those days) and used it to set up a Division data base, which helped us all to do our job... But when I was in college, starting in 1950, I had to use a slide rule for all my calculations, and sometimes that would get pretty hairy, too. After that RPN and programmable calculators, which I still use.

Today, I build my own PCs for a hobby, and build them for my Daughters and Grandsons as well. I just wish it were possible to build a Mac. Maybe they'll open up the architecture in another year or two.... You think? Then I'd build my own Mac - that would be a hoot!

BTW, I absolutely love my Macbook!

Enough rattling on. TTYL later, Noel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15". 2.4GHz. - 2GB RAM. - 60GB HD@7200 rpm.
Happy Saturday everyone!!

Anyone have exciting plans for today?? :)

Exciting? Not really. The movers are here. Tonight the wife and I are staying at the Drake Hotel in Chicago.

chicagoskylinenighthw8.jpg

I have to say, we really enjoyed our time in Chicago. We both feel Chicago is the most beautiful city in America. Especially in the summertime. Then again, the Christmas holiday lights and decorations along North Michigan Ave are absolutely gorgeous. And the city people are awesome. Especially from our neighborhood in Lincoln Park.

But tomorrow morning we head for home. We're making one overnight stop to visit my sister-in-law's family in Scottsdale, AZ. We should arrive home sometime on Friday.

Home Sweet Home - ("the tourist shot")
santamonicapierrt66ql0.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
Hey dood, Good and safe trip to you and your wife. And enjoy getting back to California where the weather is most mostly great! I moved to San Diego in 1943 as a youngster and I absolutely loved it... I haven't lived there since 1950 :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Chicago is nice. I've lived in the near suburbs my whole life. I moved downtown a few months ago and I don't like it. The scenery is nice but the hassle is not worth it. The streets are crowded, the taxes are through the roof, everything costs more, and it just seems less safe. The police force is a joke.
I can't wait till my lease is up so I can move a little farther out.

Reaction score
I'm back.
That open house was....not that bad!
I got there and I was like freaked out. It seemed like it was all family and seniors. None of the 3 people I knew showed up. So I said hi to the person, it was my first time meeting him. He's really nice. He tried to make it so much less awkward, but there was only so much he could do since he had to do the usual open house butt-kiss to everyone who came.
So I sat at this table with these seniors there, and randomly started making the smallest of small talk. I pretended to eat this pasta thing, which was REALLY nasty! I was having some success in a small conversation with this girl, but then she got up to throw something away and sat down on the other side of the table so I guess not. lol. I just watched people, watched an interesting wrestling type thing between these 2 guys, mostly I just sat there listening.
It was a good experience.
This one kid who came later I knew, I've talked to him at school a couple times with one my good friend, but there he would NOT talk to me. I said hi and he said hi really fast and really wouldn't say anything to me. Weird.
It was awkward, I really didn't talk as much as I said I would up there (^^^), but they were all talking about senior stuff I couldn't really jump in on.
I'm glad I went.
I "accidently" forgot a card, but I got one on the way back and i'm going to mail it to him after I write a bunch of stuff in it. He's nice, so I wonder if he'll write me back. I've only met him once (today), hardly had the chance to talk to him at all, but I hope he does.
Anyway, I have like 3 people to facebook now.

It really helped me. I need to get over the "awkward" parts of life. I need to be able to just walk up to people and be like "hey" and start talking.
I'm getting better at it.
All part of my plan to get better at meeting people and getting to know them, and not just sitting there quietly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Do you mean by "open house", family reunion? Got the feeling that Canadians say it differently.

My internet is operating very fast for some reason. Normally it operates aroun 250 KB/s under what it should be (350 KB/s). Right now it's operating at 500 KB/s. Did I get a free promotion? lol.

Reaction score
Do you mean by "open house", family reunion? Got the feeling that Canadians say it differently.

My internet is operating very fast for some reason. Normally it operates aroun 250 KB/s under what it should be (350 KB/s). Right now it's operating at 500 KB/s. Did I get a free promotion? lol.

I don't know if you say it differently or not. I thought a family reunion was just with family.
It was a graduation party. Obviously your family would want to be there too, but I think there were supposed to be a LOT more of his friends, but since so many open houses are on the same day some people just stop in for a little bit.

And our graduation is on the football field.
What a HORRIBLE place to get pictures, and do all that graduation stuff they do on TV....and it's been raining.

Oh, and our new principal apparently ISN'T LETTING THEM THROW THEIR CAPS!!

LIKE, ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME??!

She's new this year and she tries to change everything, and i've NEVER ever seen her this whole year.

If I were a senior I would be MAD.
No I wouldn't, i'd just throw it anyway.
As a matter of fact, maybe i'd chuck it at her.

If she even exists, I've never known anyone who HAS seen her.
Maybe they just needed money so bad they just fabricated a principal. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
Woo hoo! Bought new shoes today!

dscn8176nd9.jpg

Caution Yellow/Neon Green Nike Dunk Hi-tops.

Got 'em for $50. :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Woo hoo! Bought new shoes today!

dscn8176nd9.jpg

Caution Yellow/Neon Green Nike Dunk Hi-tops.

Got 'em for $50. :D

Sweet shoes! I'd totally buy those if they weren't Nike (I personally hate Nike clothing).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
i am thinking a lot of people will start to notice your new shoes when you are wearing them around.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
They're definitely less stinky than the other pair of dunks I swiped off some kid's feet at a show in January.

Kid punched me in the face in the pit, I stole his shoes when he crowd surfed.

Should've tied 'em better. :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.