• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Mac-Forums' Bar & Grill II

Reaction score
Ya know, Tanner could probably bang that paper out in 5 minutes - with a good grammar checker, you might make out pretty well. :D

LOL.
Actually, NO!
You cannot command greatness. ;P
I think i'm really horrible with papers. The thing that really cramps them for me is writing OUTLINES.
The teachers make us, but I hate it.
Totally ruins it IMO.
I just sit down, and it all comes out.

I've recently been asked to submit a paper that I whipped up during an all-nighter for some writing thing.

I don't think it's THAT extravagant, I mean I just need to clean up some 3AM errors before I submit it, mostly the things that bug me but my econ teacher wouldn't notice, then I submit it. I mostly have to take out those run on sentences, which I seem to do a lot of. When is a sentence considered a run-on anyway? I do NOT pay attention in english...

It's about my ideal life in 2050 or something. I guess I like it, but only because it expresses ME. (In an unorganized manner, which also expresses me)

I deleted the final draft of it (Who knows why...) but I have a rough draft somewhere around here for a thread I made, which I still haven't found the answer to that question.

The thing is, I don't think/know my life in that paper is what I want to do in my life, I mean as far as the whole job thing.

I just don't know!
I'm supposed to know, I NEED to know, but I don't know! It's SO FRUSTRATING!

Anyway, I guess i'll add that paper on here.

I'm off to bed, have a *GREAT* night everyone!

View attachment My life.doc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver
LOL.
Actually, NO!
You cannot command greatness. ;P
I think i'm really horrible with papers. The thing that really cramps them for me is writing OUTLINES.
The teachers make us, but I hate it.
Totally ruins it IMO.
I just sit down, and it all comes out.

I've recently been asked to submit a paper that I whipped up during an all-nighter for some writing thing.

I don't think it's THAT extravagant, I mean I just need to clean up some 3AM errors before I submit it, mostly the things that bug me but my econ teacher wouldn't notice, then I submit it. I mostly have to take out those run on sentences, which I seem to do a lot of. When is a sentence considered a run-on anyway? I do NOT pay attention in english...

It's about my ideal life in 2050 or something. I guess I like it, but only because it expresses ME. (In an unorganized manner, which also expresses me)

I deleted the final draft of it (Who knows why...) but I have a rough draft somewhere around here for a thread I made, which I still haven't found the answer to that question.

The thing is, I don't think/know my life in that paper is what I want to do in my life, I mean as far as the whole job thing.

I just don't know!
I'm supposed to know, I NEED to know, but I don't know! It's SO FRUSTRATING!

Anyway, I guess i'll add that paper on here.

I'm off to bed, have a *GREAT* night everyone!

Dude... you truly remind me of this kid in this book I am reading. Oskar from "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close". It's not a bad thing. You just have so many thoughts people usually wouldn't have, and you just throw them out. Kinda cool.

I just got back from a dance recital in St. Paul, put on by the Larkin Dance Studio. You locals probably know what that is. But anyway, I wasn't expecting to like it. I went with a few friends from church to support our other friend who's parents usually don't show up to anything. But if any of you get a chance, go to one of these dance recitals put on by a large dance studio. It is pretty intense. Some of those guys do crazy stuff I didn't know could be done.

Reaction score
I stayed after school today to do my MILLION papers of homework and exam reviews.

First, they kicked me out of the library at 2:45 and my school gets out at 2:33.
It's SUPPOSED to be open until 3:30, which still even that seems early to me, but they kicked me out because apparently installing publisher on all the computers just COULDN'T wait until 3:30.

And apparently nobody stays after on friday, so I was all alone except for a janitor somewhere.
I went to the bathroom and when I came back all the doors were locked.
I couldn't find the janitor.
So, all my homework and everything is STILL in there....I'm not even close to being done.

Why do they lock every single freakin' door?!! I DON'T KNOW!
If the outside doors are locked, they shouldn't have to lock the freshman center!
And my best friend was a part of some planning with some people in band.
I guess they're going somewhere tonight, but even though I was sitting RIGHT THERE IN THEIR CIRCLE, i wasn't invited, or acknowledged.
:(

But the biggest thing:

I am SOnervous for this open house tomorrow, the one where I literally know 3 people there. One I don't like, one I never talk to, and one I don't know very well. I've never even met the person who is HAVING the open house. I'm excited to meet him, he has been my friend on facebook for a while and we have some interesting conversations, but i'm
SO FREAKIN' NERVOUS!

That's it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Happy Friday everyone! I hope that everyone has a very pleasant and relaxing weekend!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I should be playing paintball this sunday, hopefully the weather holds, looks like its gonna rain though. Can't wait either way.

Reaction score
My family randomly decided to go out to eat without asking if I wanted to go.....oh well.
I'll just crank up my speakers quite a bit, and do what I normally do when nobody's watching.
Sing, dance, and talk to myself.
Actually, the talking to myself stopped when my mom made the basement her bedroom, right next to mine.
I'm talking to myself, and she hears it through the walls, and she's like "What?" and i'm like "Um, (shifty eys), nothing, i'm......WACTHING TV!"

Now, whatever shall I listen to......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
So I got the job that I had an interview for today. I could start Monday, but the last bus that leaves is at 10:15pm and I won't get off till 1am, which sucks because I wanted to start ASAP.

With that being said, I'm starting on the 23rd of June when the next day-shift class is (8am-4:30pm)

I had to do a small typing test and get at least 25wpm to pass. I got 102wpm with no errors whatsoever.

Also, the guy that interviewed me told me I pretty much answered every question perfectly and advised me that I could easily become a trainer/manager within a few weeks after my training if I wanted to.

I mean, I knew I had the job when I walked in there, it's a call center. It's like the fast-food business of the IT industry, but regardless. It went well and I now have a job! $11.45/hr to start, then it goes to $12.65 after training, and $13.20 after 6 months.

They wanted a copy of my resume as well (despite the fact I emailed it to them), and I jazzed it up a bit, and it looks a million times better.

All-in-all, I had a pretty good, yet busy day. I just wish the banks would stay open past 4:30pm! *shakes fist*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I hear you on the bank thing. Its a pain to get to a bank here too. Always closed when I'm out of work. Only open when I'm working.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15". 2.4GHz. - 2GB RAM. - 60GB HD@7200 rpm.
Congrats on the new job.

As for a relaxing weekend - not for us. Today was my last day on the job in Chicago. Sunday we leave for California.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15". 2.4GHz. - 2GB RAM. - 60GB HD@7200 rpm.
I hear you on the bank thing. Its a pain to get to a bank here too. Always closed when I'm out of work. Only open when I'm working.

Direct deposit and a debit card can solve those problems. Of course both would have to be an option for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have a debit card, never use it, unless its an emergency. Direct deposit doesn't help much with a personal check ;)

Reaction score
I just clicked on last page, and you are the first post on page 8 (yes, eight, right? ;) ) and I just saw your post and I was like WELL, YAY FOR BEING RANDOM. Then I go back a page and I hear this bank talk and i'm like oh.....

This guy on dateline, his last name is Morrison.....so is the last name of the persons open house i'm going to!

COINCIDENCE? I THINK..............YES.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
I am so used to big, loud desktop drives, or older 4200 RPM laptop drives that make annoying noises. Due to story below, I've got a Samsung 80 GB Drive that my dad is letting me borrow. It's so quiet, right now I hear my internal drive, and I don't hear the samsung. the samsung is closer to me than my internal toshiba drive.

I'm in quite a pickle. I had OS X server on a disk I lost. I have the contents on my 320GB external. it also has my backup on it that I just can't lose.
I don't have any DVDs (one of those things that my dad will not let me buy.)
My 320 GB HDD just refuses to boot due to the partition map. When i tried off of the Samsung drive it booted for about 30 seconds then gave me a kernel panic error becuase it couldn't find the ACPI driver or something. I suppose i just need DVDs.

Reaction score
Someone drank my sweet (iced) tea from mcdonalds. (IS ANGRY)

And that open house is in 2 hours and 18 minutes!
EEEEEEK!
But my parents have a wedding so i might be there at like 4, which only leaves me an hour for the most awkward event of my life. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
sounds like a fun day ;) good luck

Reaction score
sounds like a fun day ;) good luck

I'll need it.
I wish I was one of those people who have no filter for what is awkward and what isn't.

I'll just go and randomly talk to random people.
It's good.
(ALthough I probably won't do that once I actually get there)

But I hope my parents get back in time......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
So I got the job I was looking at. Ive got to fill out some paper work wednesday and find out when I start

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Congrats! Hope you love your new job (is that an oxymoron? LOL)!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.