• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Mac-Forums' Bar & Grill II

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Well, I've got a job interview at this call center (lucky me), on Friday doing customer service for OnStar, woo.. At least it pays $12.65hr..

Also moving again, this time with my girlfriend and hoping this is going to be permanent for a while. I'm sick of moving already.

I just weighed myself the other day and I went from 327lbs down to 229lbs in just over a year. My goal is 210lbs. I can now go into a store and buy pants/shorts without having to worry if they're going to have my size, so that's a plus.

My girlfriend and I will be purchasing a car soon. We found a good deal on a really good condition '98 Chevy Cavalier. It has 158K on it, 2-door, a gold-ish color, am/fm/cd player. It sucks that it's an automatic though. However, the lady wants $3000 for it, which is pretty good. I've seen these cars still sell for close to $5-6000 easily.

Umm.. I think that's all for now..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
I have an interview for that job I really want. It's the last part of it and it consists of riding an inner tube down a river through 7 lava (obviously dried :) ) tunnels. Hows that for an interview? It pays $11.50 /hour with benefits and free lunch everyday.

Onstar eh? That would be cool. Especially if your cavalier has it. Good Luck Punkr0x0r

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Buy a Honda Punk. $3000 seems high but if that's what you can afford, look for something more reliable. You could easily put $3000 before 2010 comes around.

Congrats with the weight loss. You get that tat yet?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I have an interview for that job I really want. It's the last part of it and it consists of riding an inner tube down a river through 7 lava (obviously dried :) ) tunnels. Hows that for an interview? It pays $11.50 /hour with benefits and free lunch everyday.

Onstar eh? That would be cool. Especially if your cavalier has it. Good Luck Punkr0x0r

It's technically not my car, it's my girl's.. She can't drive stick and doesn't want her first car to be stick-shift.. I personally am going to be buying a Jetta, it's pretty much my dream car.

The Cav won't have OnStar, I'm quite capable of finding my own way around, and besides, getting lost makes it that much more interesting. However, I would take one of those new Civic Si's in red :)

Buy a Honda Punk. $3000 seems high but if that's what you can afford, look for something more reliable. You could easily put $3000 before 2010 comes around.

Congrats with the weight loss. You get that tat yet?

Yeah, it may be a bit high, but it's my girl's first car, so yeah. I don't really have much say. I just get to drive it as she doesn't have her license yet and I have mine :)

Thanks! It took a long time, but the only way to do it healthy/naturally is over a long period of time. I changed my diet completely, which was rather expensive, but very worth it. I did get the tattoo done on May 16th. Check out my DeviantArt profile (link in sig) and you can view a pic of it. It's still healing though and mose of the main scabs have fallen off. It's just mad itchy because all of my arm hair is growing back through it haha!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
The tat looks a million times better than the photo I remember you showing me. Those colors are very vibrant; I hope it stays like that.
The time and effort is worth it in the long run, isn't it? You realize it took a lot of work to lose the weight so gaining it back should be difficult. If it was just sucked out, would you really feel the need to eat right and stay fit?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
congrats punk on all your weight loss!

after a late night of putting together presentations for my boss i discovered how little room i had left on my hd. so i left work early and picked up a new hd. i just finished putting it ini went from having an 80 gb hard drive to a new 320gb hard drive.

Reaction score
Well, I've got a job interview at this call center (lucky me), on Friday doing customer service for OnStar, woo.. At least it pays $12.65hr..

Also moving again, this time with my girlfriend and hoping this is going to be permanent for a while. I'm sick of moving already.

I just weighed myself the other day and I went from 327lbs down to 229lbs in just over a year. My goal is 210lbs. I can now go into a store and buy pants/shorts without having to worry if they're going to have my size, so that's a plus.

My girlfriend and I will be purchasing a car soon. We found a good deal on a really good condition '98 Chevy Cavalier. It has 158K on it, 2-door, a gold-ish color, am/fm/cd player. It sucks that it's an automatic though. However, the lady wants $3000 for it, which is pretty good. I've seen these cars still sell for close to $5-6000 easily.

Umm.. I think that's all for now..

WOW! Congratulations! Is it not one of the BEST things of your life?

New body.
New place to live.
New car.

SOMEONE is growing up! ;D :D

On a slightly related note,
I read all the directions for my phone yesterday. (Sony Ericsson W580i), normally I don't really read the directions, i'm sort of a get it by experience type of person, but it's a VERY confusing phone.

Anyway, I found out it has a whole fitness section. Cool right?

It counts my steps and displays distance traveled, steps taken per day, calories based on your height/weight, and it automatically resets itself at midnight (unless you don't want it to), and it keeps your records.
I LOVE it.
It also has a running mode, but I doubt i'll ever test that out. :p

And I stayed after school until 6 today working on a romeo and juliet packet.
I don't really like that story.
My english teacher tries to relate it to us kids dating/killing ourselves in 2008, and it's a FAR stretch yet he tries to force it on us.

He could just as easily take that message to the whole world, but I guess he thinks only highschoolers have that problem. It's quite stereotypical.
I hate how he goes out of his way to say hi to me, when he KNOWS I don't like him....why can't we just not like each other and leave it at that? Don't know.

I've taken 9329 steps today, at least when i've had my phone in my pocket.
Weird thing is, i've been trying to make it go up all day without actually WALKING, to see if it's like one of those cheap pedometers.
Can't!
At all!

I like this phone.
I like AT&T too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
The tat looks a million times better than the photo I remember you showing me. Those colors are very vibrant; I hope it stays like that.
The time and effort is worth it in the long run, isn't it? You realize it took a lot of work to lose the weight so gaining it back should be difficult. If it was just sucked out, would you really feel the need to eat right and stay fit?

Thanks! The guy who did it was amazing.. The pictures don't do it any justice. As for the weight-loss, if it was just sucked out, I probably wouldn't have changed my diet. However, I wouldn't even want to get that done simply because I knew I could do it myself. Eating healthy costs a substantial amount more per month, but it's totally worth it.. Way more worth it than surgery!

Let's just say I feel better, and look better than I ever have in my entire life.

congrats punk on all your weight loss!

after a late night of putting together presentations for my boss i discovered how little room i had left on my hd. so i left work early and picked up a new hd. i just finished putting it ini went from having an 80 gb hard drive to a new 320gb hard drive.

Thanks! A new hard drive is always a good thing. I'm contemplating going between a 320gb "slim" external, or a 160gb internal drive for my PowerBook.

Reaction score

So, you're getting a job at Dork Inc.? :Angry-Tongue:
LOL. Kidding.
That actually sounds like an awesome job. (is jealous)
Too bad Michigan has the highest unemployment rate...not that i'm qualified for anything.
Although it would be AWESOME to work at a pet store, especially if it's like one of the ones that have dogs and cats walking around like petsmart does!

It's my goal one day.

1) Get out of Michigan so I actually have a CHANCE at getting any job.
2) Work at a pet store.

Then when that gets boring i'll get an "actual" job...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
Psh, actual jobs are lame!

I want to be a youth pastor!

Basically, get paid for chilling with kids and helping them grow their faith.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So, you're getting a job at Dork Inc.? :Angry-Tongue:
LOL. Kidding.
That actually sounds like an awesome job. (is jealous)
Too bad Michigan has the highest unemployment rate...not that i'm qualified for anything.
Although it would be AWESOME to work at a pet store, especially if it's like one of the ones that have dogs and cats walking around like petsmart does!

It's my goal one day.

1) Get out of Michigan so I actually have a CHANCE at getting any job.
2) Work at a pet store.

Then when that gets boring i'll get an "actual" job...

Thanks I think... I am pretty sure I got it. According to one of the staff members they dont pay for all that for nothing. I'd get to drive a pinzgauer! Good luck leaving michigan tanner!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:PinzLRear02.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver
Ugh... I hate school. I know all you college people will say quit crying, but I really don't care. I have a 5 page research project on universal health care due tomorrow... I need more sources than the internet, but that is lame. I can basically read a book on the internet, but it is still the internet which won't be valid. 3 more days of High School and I'm done forever... I can't wait.

EDIT: And now I'm glad Macs run hot... this makes a nice blanket for this ridiculously cold Panera I've been sitting in.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Ugh... I hate school. I know all you college people will say quit crying, but I really don't care. I have a 5 page research project on universal health care due tomorrow... I need more sources than the internet, but that is lame. I can basically read a book on the internet, but it is still the internet which won't be valid. 3 more days of High School and I'm done forever... I can't wait.

EDIT: And now I'm glad Macs run hot... this makes a nice blanket for this ridiculously cold Panera I've been sitting in.

Ya know, Tanner could probably bang that paper out in 5 minutes - with a good grammar checker, you might make out pretty well. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.