Skins and Cases Question!

Reaction score
I'm wondering if there's such a thing as a keyboard cover that also covers the bits either side of the track pad?

I've not been very lucky with my mac - not only has some of the paint come off my keys but I've also got the issue with paint coming off (just below the keyboard) and recently I have the pitting where you rest your hands go too! So not only would I like to hide it but I want to stop it becoming worse.

I've been looking at iskins etc and they all look pretty useful but my only concern is will it melt!? (silly question!) I've also looked at the speck transparent laptop covers and wonder the same too? I can smell burning occassionally my laptop gets so hot!!

any help/suggestions greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHZ Macbook (black), OSX Leopard 10.5.5, 1GB Shuffle,4GB Nano,2GB nano 2nd generation
there shouldnt be burning when your laptop gets hot?!
bring it to the apple centre to check if nothing is in the vent, or near the vent. i tape some paper to the palmrests to prevent th sweat from staining the plastic, but if it gets worse, you could get a case replacement- it's covered in warranty.

OP
X
Reaction score
there shouldnt be burning when your laptop gets hot?!
bring it to the apple centre to check if nothing is in the vent, or near the vent. i tape some paper to the palmrests to prevent th sweat from staining the plastic, but if it gets worse, you could get a case replacement- it's covered in warranty.

I think the burnings the power adaptor - its my second, the last one caught fire! I've not had the best of luck with apple but I'll never go back lol

their probably sick of me at the apple canter!

paper :s I saw a silicon case in one of the threads and it was a link to an image- the only site that apparently sells it is amazon us - I need a uk seller!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.