Codec Overrun

Reaction score
Hi Please can anyone help,
I have a Mac Pro dual 2.66 duo core, with 8GB of Crucial RAM. The problem I'm having is when I try to install a program by pressing on the dmg it comes up with a message saying codec overrun. I have reinstalled Tiger but it still happens, also I tried doing the updater and when it downloads the updates they come up with a red exclamation mark next to them. Please help.

George

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Hi Please can anyone help,
I have a Mac Pro dual 2.66 duo core, with 8GB of Crucial RAM. The problem I'm having is when I try to install a program by pressing on the dmg it comes up with a message saying codec overrun. I have reinstalled Tiger but it still happens, also I tried doing the updater and when it downloads the updates they come up with a red exclamation mark next to them. Please help.

George

You don't say which version of Tiger you have but you could try using the standalone combo updater http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosxupdate1044combo.html

if that doesn't solve your issues:

A quick search of this forum and a Google came up with these:
1. Corrupt DMG - re-download/re-copy from original source and try again
2. Faulty RAM - try fitting your original ram and try again

OP
G
Reaction score
follow on

Also when I downloaded Firefox from the Mac site it said verification error in the download box when finished, whats going on?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.