Best Audio Cable for MB404 Laptop

Reaction score
I have the MacBook MB404... and am attempting to hook it up to an external Sony sound system. The audio input jacks on the Sony unit are the RC? kind.(Yellow & White inputs). From looking at the ports on the side of my Mac nothing looks comparable. Does anyone have any feedback on what kind of cable I could use from the mac to the external unit?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2ghz 2G 15.5" 10.5.2; Iphone 3G
this is the cheapest way.

If you want really high quality, I would buy an external firewire audio interface.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks Thedspeth. Would you have any insight on hooking up a laptop to an amplifier and playing I-tunes to a larger audience with other external speakers?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2ghz 2G 15.5" 10.5.2; Iphone 3G
I just posted a link to this... I wouldn't spend any less if you need to purchase a system..

If you already have a mixer/amp/speakers then it's just a matter of going from the computer to the mixer... then out to the amp.. then out to the speakers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.