Bluetooth Keyboard

Reaction score
I have a bluetooth MS keyboard and mouse that I've been using for years. I recently got a Mac Mini and while they both work, I have trouble keeping the keyboard connected. The keyboard seems to go to sleep after about five minutes of inactivity (which is understandable to conserve battery) and disconnects. This would be fine if, like the mouse, "waking it up" reconnected it. But I have to go into Bluetooth preferences on the Mac to reconnect every time this happens. Very annoying. Anything I can do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
I would check for mac drivers for it. Otherwise you might not be able to change it's settings

OP
M
Reaction score
Where do I check? The keyboard is a MS Keyboard Elite for Bluetooth, model: 1002. Someone pointed me to SteerMouse to be able to change the settings on the mouse that came in the same set. Is there something similar for keyboards? I have searched hugh and low on the MS site, but they certainly don't make it easy to find Mac drivers.

OP
M
Reaction score
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Go to box 1, complete, then box 2 choosing your Mac product/s and Mac OS comes up automatically in box three and continue

OP
M
Reaction score
Go to box 1, complete, then box 2 choosing your Mac product/s and Mac OS comes up automatically in box three and continue

It doesn't. Here is what I am doing:

- Box 1: choosing keyboard
- Box 2: choosing Keyboard Elite for Bluetooth
- Box 3: it only gives me three options (Vista 32, Vista 64 and XP)

Is it possible that the site is determining what OS I have and there is no driver for this device for the Mac OS 10.5.2?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Is it possible that the site is determining what OS I have and there is no driver for this device for the Mac OS 10.5.2?
Same here.

OP
M
Reaction score

Post-holiday bump.

Am I SOL?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.