Mac-Windows file sharing problem

Reaction score
I recently set up a workgroup on my PC and added my iMac (running mac os 10.5) to it.

This is a problem I am having on my PC. When I open the workgroup all the computers are listed correctly. When I open the iMac share I get a list of folders, including a 'shared' folder. However there is more than one shared folder listed. The contents of each folder is the same. You can see what I mean in this image:

o074h2.jpg

In 'File sharing' in mac sys prefs there is no folders listed to share so I am surprised anything appears when I open iMac in my workgroup.

Could anyone advise on why this is and how to go about removing the extra folders that appear?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
Have you tried just to delete them?

I had a similar problem and that seemed to get rid of them. Try it and see if they reappear the next time.

Could also try from the Mac side and change the permissions. (get info on folders)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.