Entourage 2004 Connection issues connecting to exchange 2003

Reaction score
First and foremost, I am both brand new to Macs and to this forum! So far I am enjoying the Mac as a whole.

I am trying to get my Entourage clients to play with the exchange server. The Issue is that entourage just doesn't see the exchange server. I am fairly certain i am doing everything correctly yet it just gives me an error saying it cannot see it.

Does the mac need to be added to the domain, meaning should i be logging into the domain at logon? , (is that even possible)?

Is there something i have to do on the server side? or does this sound like an issue on the client side?

Currently i am running parrallels desktop with outlook on this machine and that works fine.

If I missed anything, I will get more details on this thread!

Thanks In advance.

OP
E
Reaction score
Problem Solved!!

I Kept playing around with the settings in Entourage, changing one thing after another until i got one step further.

Here is what i did to resolve my problem:

First on the server end of things two things must be enabled for entourage to work correctly: LDAP and WebDAV

LDAP: Unfortunately this was all ready setup on the server, so i don't know how to install this.

WebDAV: This is a plugin you have to install through add/remove windows components on the server. it is under IIS.

Under Tools > Accounts:
I created a new exchange account (actually i edited the previous one i had created but thats not required)

I clicked configure manually. On the account settings area filled out these things:

Name: <Your name (how you want it to appear in someone else's inbox)>
E-Mail Address: <the email address you are trying to set-up>

Account ID: < <domain>\<username> >
Domain: <I Left this blank> - This is where i was running into my problems.
Password: <password> - Check the save password

Exchange Server: Here is another area that was throwing me off...
I ended up having to type in the Web address of the Outlook Web Client in the area. (this is what i i believe the webDAV plugin assists with.)
so an example should be: http://mail.<server>.com

Check off the next few boxes if they apply yo you.

Next tab i left default.

Under the Advanced Tab:

I had to use the IP addresses for the servers tying out the server names and domains was another problem Entourage was having.

The public folders server: <Ip address of the Mail server> (or the ip address of where you access your public folders from)
-Again check off the next two boxes if they apply to you.

The LDAP server: <IP Address of the LDAP Server> (it will most likely be on the Primary Domain Controller or the Mail Server)
- Check off the next few boxes if they apply to you.
- Search base: I left mine blank but if you know what need to go there fill that out.

The rest of the tabs i left default.

Hope this helps anyone... cause i searched the web for days looking for these answers. some i found, others i did myself by trial and error in the program.

Anyways good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.