Wireless Print Servers Compatible w/ Airport Extreme Base Station

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53Ghz Macbook Pro
Currently have an HP all-in-one and HP color laser both with and Ethernet and USB port, plus a USB scanner.

I'd like to have them all available wirelessly to be accessible by several PCs and a Macbook on my home wireless network. I have an AEBS on the other side of the house that provides WiFi to all computers.

1.) Can a old WiFi router function as a Wireless Print Server? I'd be SOL with any USB connected device...

2.) What off-the-shelf print servers would be compatible with the AEBS? If I have to pay-up for a print server, then I need something that works/supports ethernet and USB connected devices.

Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
the AEBS has a USB port that works as a print server. The problem would be the other all in one functions. However, since you say your AIO printer has a eth interface, why not use that?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53Ghz Macbook Pro
the AEBS has a USB port that works as a print server. The problem would be the other all in one functions. However, since you say your AIO printer has a eth interface, why not use that?
because "I have an AEBS on the other side of the house" as noted....won't reach...plus the USB is also being used by an external disk as an AirDisk.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.