Connect 360 problems

Reaction score
Hi,

I have installed Connect 360 and it doesn't seem to work. Despite my Xbox being powered on and sharing enabled my Mac can't see my Xbox.

I have my Xbox plugged into a router downstairs and the iMAc set up via Aiport. My iMac can connect fine to the same router for the internet.

I used to stream movies, music to the Xbox via a similar set up using a Windows PC. And it is (was) a real cool feature.

Any advice? Are there any other programmes I can use to do this? I am tempted to just use Bootcamp and go into Windows when I need to stream but I'd like to leave that OS behind.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
This is likely to be a firewall issue. Make sure you have the port that Connect360 uses open.

According to the Connect 360 site you'll need to open TCP port 9335 and UDP port 1900.

HTH
mrplow

OP
S
Reaction score
Cheers. Er how do I open the ports? Do I need to go into my router settings or is it through the Mac OS?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
Cheers. Er how do I open the ports? Do I need to go into my router settings or is it through the Mac OS?
For the Mac. Go to System Preferences-Network-Sharing-Firewall
From there you can add new ports. It should say "new" or "add".
There will ne a drop down menu to select specific ports or "other" if its not listed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac / 3gb ram
sorry

I don't think Connect 360 works with mixed networks. Both the Mac and Xbox need to be either connected by ethernet cable, or wirelessly. This is why I use Rivet instead.

http://cynicalpeak.com/rivet/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Connect360 DOES work with mixed networks but it does rely on your router handling the network traffic correctly. Most modern upnp compatible routers should be fine.

You can always try connecting both the mac and xbox by cable while you debug. This will help prove it either way or email Nullriver with the details of your router and see if there are any known issues with it.

OP
S
Reaction score
I'll try those things when I get home. Is Rivet any better than Connect 360? I have yet to buy Connect 360.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac / 3gb ram
I'll try those things when I get home. Is Rivet any better than Connect 360? I have yet to buy Connect 360.

Give the Rivet demo a try, see if it works for you. I'm going to try connect360 tonight, thanks to mrplow (I'm assuming the latest version has fixed a lot of stuff from when I originally tried it out).

They both have folder support now, however Rivet's advantage is that it preserves folder structures. (http://www.versiontracker.com/php/feedback/article.php?story=20080515134514809)

Reaction score
same situation here :-(

was working just great but after a break of a couple of weeks; i found the same problem.
The connect 360 pane doesnt show the xbox and on the xbox if i try to select the computer in the 'select source' section; it says ' no computers found'.
if i 'test connection', the pc selected comes up as 'failed'. if i request more info there; it actually says'' Media sharing software includes Windows Media Player, Zune and windows media connect. you can only connect using one of these programs''.
:-(
someone please help!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
I just installed connect 360 on my mac and I have to say, the process was WAY easier than connecting my windows comp to my 360... ironic, isn't it?

Reaction score
connect360 - help! unable to connect360 to xbox360/mac & vice versa

:p help! unable to connect360 to xbox360/mac & vice versa :p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

can someone please help me with this, its drivin me nuts!

ok so all forums lead to how good connect360 is & what it does, but there are no real tips on how to troubleshoot.

i am unable to see my xbox with connect360

i have installed it, its in the prefpane, loads but does not connect to xbox...

i have a linksys WAG160N wireless router, i have connected the xbox to this via ethernet, & run xbox live with no problems..

i have connected thru ethernet to xbox, & to my mac wirelessly thru airport, i have also tried turning off airport & connecting directly to my laptop thru ethernet via another port....

my xbox, can not detect mac, it fails on pc connections, & the mac can not see the xbox, on connect360...

can someone tell me what i am doing wrong?
can someone please give me a detailed description of what i need to do, i have tried everything, including messing with ip addresses, & firewalls etc... but no luck, i really want this to work.. HELP!!!

everyone else seems to be able to connect without problems, why cant i?

Reaction score
I had the same problem, I got it to work by going to The Security pane, from their you can access the firewall settings, then I selected "Set access for specific services and applications", and added iTunes and iPhoto. I also had file sharing turned on. This seemed to sort it out, it allowed the xbox to detect the mac at any rate, and then I was able to stream movies etc.

OP
S
Reaction score
I added my movie and music folder to read/write file allowed with file sharing allowed but my firewall log still says its still denying Connect 360 requests.

Any ideas? Is it something to do with ports? The only way Connect 360 works is if I turn off the firewall off altogether which is far from ideal.

Nullriver are very unhelpful. I've emailed them several times and never responded, suggesting they don't care about their customers. I won't be buying their products again and am sorry I didn't opt for Rivet. Can't recommend this product or the company behind it.

Reaction score
Did you add iTunes to the allowed programs in the firewall settings? The xbox seems to gather the music from the iTunes library, via the program itself. I'm fairly new to mac, and not that savvy with computers generally so I'm not exactly sure exactly how it works! I couldn't find a way to open up specific firewall ports on my OS (Leopard), it only allowed you to define which programs were allowed access...I'm probably not making myself very clear here.

I'll try and put some screenshots or whatever up later, I'm at uni at the minute and so not using my mac to check my settings.

OP
S
Reaction score
If you can put up a screenshot that would be great. I added the iTunes to my allowed programes in firewall. What are your file sharing settings? Thanks for the info.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.