Connect 360 problems

Reaction score
I also seem to remember a program called connect360 helper appearing in the firewalls allowed programs, although I didn't put it there - you could try searching for this.

Reaction score
Here's all the relevant screenshots I could find...There's nothing about yours that strikes me as being that different. Just for the record, my laptop is connected over wifi, and my xbox connected to the router via ethernet - so it doesn't seem like the mixed network thing should be an issue. The connect360helper thing in the firewall allowed connections wasn't put there by me, it just appeared.

Picture 2.png

Picture 3.png

Picture 4.png

Picture 5.png

OP
S
Reaction score
I think I know what's wrong. Any chance you can right click on Connect 360 Helper and select reveal in Finder?

I need to locate it on my iMac and grant it permission but spotlight won't show it.

OP
S
Reaction score
Got it working. Had to show the preference pane contents, take out Connect 360 Helper, place it in the pref pane directory and tell the firewall to allow it. Thanks 4 help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac (late 06); 13" MacBook (early 08)
Nullriver Customer Support

I added my movie and music folder to read/write file allowed with file sharing allowed but my firewall log still says its still denying Connect 360 requests.

Any ideas? Is it something to do with ports? The only way Connect 360 works is if I turn off the firewall off altogether which is far from ideal.

Nullriver are very unhelpful. I've emailed them several times and never responded, suggesting they don't care about their customers. I won't be buying their products again and am sorry I didn't opt for Rivet. Can't recommend this product or the company behind it.

I just wanted to underline your point about NULLRIVER. I went through their automated customer support email system and actually got a reply from someone named ALEX who asked me some pretty detailed questions about my configuration, etc. So when I replied with my answers I really felt like I was going to have one of those rare positive and helpful customer service experiences.

But alas, I never heard back from him (or her). Its been over a month now. Not just that, but I have submitted my issue anew two more times. I never heard back from Alex, despite my followups, and I never heard back from anyone else after I resubmitted the issue.

Its really too bad. Connect 360 was a great $20 investment. WAS a great investment.

I am sure if there is anyone at the company at all anymore they are spending all their time on their iPhone tethering application, but I'll never get it nor recommend anything from them.

Reaction score
well my xbox is seeing my macbook and vice versa, perfectly sharing my music and photos but my movies arent playing? any ideas on what is causing this? my xbox is updated btw

Reaction score
I am also having a problem with this program, everything is detected and connected, but on the preferences it says that it could not locate my iTunes or movie folder. Anyone know why this is and how to fix it?

Reaction score
similar problem

Hey guys,

I am having a similar problem. I have my xbox360 wired to my netgear router. I am using connect360 on my macbook wirelessly. My xbox won't recognize my macbook/connect360 and vica versa.

Out of curiosity I wired my macbook to the netgear router and everything worked perfectly. Unfortunately I would really like to be able to use it wirelessly.

Also, I have followed all of the previous troubleshooting tips on the forum. My file sharing is turned on and my firewall allows iTunes, iPhoto, Connect360.

Thanks for your help and time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.