Video Recording on Titanium

G

george-x

Hey guys, this is my first post and I have a few questions.
I have a digital video camcorder and I want to record video straight into my new powerbook. The camcorder has the tiny dv(?) port just like the apple. Can anyone link me to an appropriate cable and software?

Another question. Does anybody have some good shortcut keys like alt-tab, alt-space, and ctrl-alt-del like in windows? I just started using Mac and my speed of operations is greately diminuished because of my lack of knowledge of shortcut keys.

Thanks for all the help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
george-x said:
Hey guys, this is my first post and I have a few questions.

welcome aboard Mac-Forums!

I have a digital video camcorder and I want to record video straight into my new powerbook. The camcorder has the tiny dv(?) port just like the apple. Can anyone link me to an appropriate cable and software?

you want a 4pin to 6pin Firewire (IEEE 1394) cable for your Mini DV port to your Mac. You should be able to find one of these at any local computer or camera store (ie. Best Buy, CompUSA, Fry's, etc.)

(outdated link removed)

Your Mac comes with iMovie. This is a free, powerful and easy to use application. Go capture of film and go home and hook up your DV camera to your mac and just play around with it figuring it out. You'll instantly fall in love.

Another question. Does anybody have some good shortcut keys like alt-tab, alt-space, and ctrl-alt-del like in windows? I just started using Mac and my speed of operations is greatly diminished because of my lack of knowledge of shortcut keys.

There are a bunch of short cut commands in Mac OS X. This Site (outdated link removed) covers most of them

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
no problem, but this should probably be under the Audio/Video Forums

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
Yes, and I will move it.

Also, this is the second post today that has basically demanded an answer to a question in less than 2 hours.

This is a public forum. People come here on their off time to help and discuss with others, Apple and their technologies. Because you don't get an answer in 15 minutes doesn't mean you won't get helped.

This isn't a support board. If you need immediate help, I would try Apple.com.

Not that we don't want your patronage, but it gets a little crazy when people demand things from other posters, when these posters are at work and otherwise not always on the boards.

That said, welcome to the forums. We are glad to have you aboard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.