Bootcamp Issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hah, which one?
Hi first off I would like to introduce myself, I am Matt and I live in small town Iowa.

On to the problem,
I have a 2ghz MB with a gig of ram, a fresh OS X 10.5 instal, and have done all the updates.

The MB was bought brand new in late '07

I am using Bootcamp to try to dual boot the latest version of Ubuntu, I go through and partition the Hard Disk using Bootcamp. Than I install Ubuntu properly just like the instructions on the Ubuntu site state. But when I go to restart the computer after the installation I hold the option button and I do not get the "windows" option I am told I will get. What gives? I have tried this four times now with the same results every time..

link: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MacBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
I would suggest use refit for dual booting. Sometimes there's an issue of discrepancy between the GPT and MBR partition tables. This utility has an option to sync the two tables and provides a decent GUI to multiboot.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hah, which one?
I have refit downloaded and installed, but for some reason that will not show up when I reboot either.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.