Time Capsule - 2 questions

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before or if it is so basic I should already know the answer...

But can you put many of your documents on time capsule and then access it without having to download it back to the laptop? My laptop hard drive is full :( but I don't want to get rid of files, but also want to be able to access them when I want.

Also, is it ok to stack an apple tv and a time capsule, does it mess up the wifi functions in either of them?

Thanks for your help!

Matthew

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Not got Apple TV, so can't help you there.

The Time Capsule mounts like any other external HDD - you can open files and applications from it like you can with a USB stick or something. Can be a bit slower, but it's not much of an issue for me. I keep all my movies on mine and watch them on my laptop, or stream them via my laptop to my xbox - it's great!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Had a read about the Apple TV. It connects to your existing network - wired or wireless, so I can't see it being a problem.

Unless you meant physically stacking them - could make either of them too hot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.