Zune on Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 in. 2.4 GHz
Is there any way to get Zune to run on a Mac? Does it run all right on windows xp. I'm asking because I heard it doesn't, at least not the machine recognizing the hardware. Is there a way around it?

Any input will be appreciated.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Is there any way to get Zune to run on a Mac? Does it run all right on windows xp. I'm asking because I heard it doesn't, at least not the machine recognizing the hardware. Is there a way around it?

Any input will be appreciated.

No, Microsoft has yet to provide drivers for the Zune. You can always use it in Boot Camp.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2015 15", Powerbook G4 17" 2004
I'm still waiting for drivers to be released, i love my zune so much and don't want to have to use bootcamp :(

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I'm still waiting for drivers to be released, i love my zune so much and don't want to have to use bootcamp :(

You might be waiting a while. Microsoft hasn't sold many Zunes - and I find it hard to believe that many of those that have purchased them are Mac users. I could be wrong, but like many others I was lured to the Mac by the iPod.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I am hoping at least a driver is released soon so it will mount like a drive on OSX so you can add files to it, but agree with CWA that it might be quite a wait. There are quite a few I have run into with Zune's and who love Macs.

Maybe a 3rd party driver but with Microsoft, who knows. Look how long it took to get Write support for NTFS drives in OSX and Linux.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
It's a good way to keep Zune owners faithful to Windows.

A co-worker was thinking about getting a Mac until I told him it wouldn't work with his precious Zune.

Reaction score
I use mine with Parallels running XP. It integrates nicely and runs flawlessly. I can use all my Mac apps while Zune player is running.

Reaction score
I run it through VMware Fusion and it works great. Truthfully I was put off from Macs at first because of iPods, but then I realized it was just iTunes on Windows that I didn't like after I had already bought a Zune. So now I'm still stuck using Windows for my Zune...it's terribly unfortunate.

Reaction score
Well for me my fiance bought me a special edition pink Zune for Valentine's Day this past year. I asked for an iPod but we've heard a lot of good things about Zune so I was happy to get it. I had always wanted a Mac and finally got one and now I'm stuck using my crappy old PC to upload music and podcasts onto my Zune. I'm a lazy computer user and I just wish there was a way to use the Zune on the Mac w/out having to jump through hoops.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.